Students On Another Road
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
– Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)
S.O.A.R. is Emanuel's youth group for youth in high school. S.O.A.R. meets every first through fourth Wednesday of each month. If there is a fifth Wednesday, there is no meeting. S.O.A.R. meets from 7:00 to 8:00 PM. We meet in the Youth Rooms downstairs at the church.
S.O.A.R. stands for Students On Another Road as we encourage you, our teens, to follow "the road less travelled" and make choices different than many of your peers.
S.O.A.R. exists to provide you opportunites to discuss real life issues from a Biblical perspective. Every week we do fun, team-building activities, a life topic discussion/devotion, and hang out with other teens. We also have some party-like gatherings throughout the year and special events and opportunities as well.
Youth from S.O.A.R. also can participate in the WELS International Youth Rally held every other year and some have also gone to Grenada on short-term mission teams to work with kids and teens in our sister church there, Grace Lutheran Church Grenada.
- Who comes to S.O.A.R.? We have had many students from both New London High School and Fox Valley Lutheran High School, but we have also had students from Hortonville, Manawa, Weyauwega, and other schools. ANYONE in high school is welcome to come.
- Do you have to be a member of Emanuel to come? No, again ANYONE in high school is welcome to come.
- Is there ever food? Yes! You bring & we have it! Just kidding, there are nights that have food &/or soda &/or candy, but this is not an every week special.
- What kind of games do you play? We try to do activities that relate either to the topic being discussed that night or to team building so that we can have a stronger, more closely knit group that has enough trust in each other that we can share openly and honestly about what we are discussing each week.
- What if I can't come every week because of work or extra-curricular activities? No problem, simply come when you can. You are always welcome, even if it is only once a month or once a year!
- Do I have to go to S.O.A.R. to be able to go to the Youth Rally or to Grenada? No. However, this is the best source for information on upcoming trips and events and is the best place for you to get to know the leaders and they you.